Police, the Press and Barriers to Rule of Law
The saga began with a news story about suspected illegal dealings at a publicly listed company written by Qiu Ziming, a reporter for the Economic Observer News.
Months later, Qiu's name appeared on a "most wanted" list of suspected criminals posted on the Internet by the Suichang County Public Security Bureau in the city of Lishui, Zhejiang Province. He was targeted for arrest.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter