CIC's Bitter Payoff for Morgan Stanley Stake
For more than two years, quarterly dividends from Morgan Stanley rolled into a China Investment Corp. account at the healthy rate of 9 percent per year.
It's been a pleasant, predictable payoff to reward the Chinese sovereign wealth fund's purchase of a US$ 5.6 billion stake in Morgan Stanley in December 2007, just a few months after CIC was formed.
- Deadly Twister
- Intensifying Battle over Who Controls Vanke
- In Sino-African Resource Trade, China Needs a Mindful Approach
- The Illogic of Consumption as a Growth Driver
- Support Plan for Idled Industrial Workers
- Shanghai Taxi Service Clashes with Car-Hailers
- Digging Up Death, Extortion in China's Mines
- Chinese Euro Soccer Investors Going for Gold
- Sexually Abused Teens: China's Tragic Taboo
- China Awards First Licenses for Mutual, Cooperative Insurers
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Views: What Do Chinese Women Think of Hillary Clinton?
- China Seeks Assurances Against Possible Debt Default by Venezuela
- Mother's Fight to Exonerate Executed Son Highlights Gaping Holes in Justice System
- Lackluster Sales Signal Xiaomi's Growing Pains
- China in Major Expansion of Yuan Conversion Pilot Program
- Lessons from South Korea for China's Economic Rebalancing Act
- China Life Insurance Joins Race to Take Chinese Healthcare Provider off NASDAQ
- Investor Pain over Mobile Medical App Strain
- Chinese High Speed Rail Builder Doubts U.S. Partner's Sincerity
- Anti-Corruption Drive, Frugality Campaign Sap Banks of VPs