CIC's Bitter Payoff for Morgan Stanley Stake
For more than two years, quarterly dividends from Morgan Stanley rolled into a China Investment Corp. account at the healthy rate of 9 percent per year.
It's been a pleasant, predictable payoff to reward the Chinese sovereign wealth fund's purchase of a US$ 5.6 billion stake in Morgan Stanley in December 2007, just a few months after CIC was formed.
- Confucius and the World He Created
- The Lost Novel
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Waiting for the Light
- Baidu, Hospital Association Squabble over Ad Charges
- Deadly Work
- China-U.S. Trade Engagement in Asia Could Be Win-Win
- Baosteel's Listed Arm Had Declines in Revenue, Net Profit in 2014
- Security Ministry Cancels 1.44 Mln Fake Hukou Documents
- Why Raising Retirement Age Is No Cure-All for Population Problems
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Will Slow and Steady Win China's Economy Race?
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- China Said to Agree to Build Two Train Lines in Thailand