CIC's Bitter Payoff for Morgan Stanley Stake
For more than two years, quarterly dividends from Morgan Stanley rolled into a China Investment Corp. account at the healthy rate of 9 percent per year.
It's been a pleasant, predictable payoff to reward the Chinese sovereign wealth fund's purchase of a US$ 5.6 billion stake in Morgan Stanley in December 2007, just a few months after CIC was formed.
- Media Executive Who Ignored Mobile Internet Takes His Leave
- Chinese Firms 'Want to Build Bullet Trains for California Project'
- Outspoken Real Estate Boss Says He Is Retiring
- Investors Kick Tires on Auction Websites for Second-Hand Cars
- Courageous Steps Needed to Develop Rule of Law
- Luxury Complex
- Beyond Bars
- Caixin Podcast: Apple's Cloud of Suspicion
- Caixin Podcast: Tmall's Fake Phone Order Fiasco
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Yellow Pearls of China: Women with a PhD
- Graphics: Ghost Towns
- China Nears Deal with Mexico to Export Bullet Trains for First Time
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Eight Killed and 18 Injured in Riot in Kunming Suburb, Local Gov't Says
- Huge Vale Ship Arrived in Qingdao with 300,000 Tons of Iron Ore
- Graphics: The Fourth Plenum
- Revision of Securities Law Is Chance to Liberalize Market
- The Golden Lands: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand & Vietnam
- Silver Screen Industry Strikes Investor Gold