China Unicom Clinches iPad Deal
China Unicom, the exclusive provider of Apple's iPhone in China, has won the right to sell the iPad in the world's largest mobile market.
According to a source from China Unicom, the company secured the deal with Apple to introduce the iPad in China. But no timetable has yet been disclosed.
China Unicom is also scheduled to launch the iPhone4 in early September. But sources said that the launch date will not be September 13, as was widely reported by the media.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter