China May Launch Monopoly Probe on Potash Firms
(Beijing) -- Chinese authorities are likely to launch an anti-trust investigation into two recently proposed mergers and acquisitions of major potash producers, as the deal may affect the global pricing of fertilizer.
Australian resources major BHP Billiton recently offered US$ 38.5 billion to take over Canadian fertilizer producer Potash Corp. Meanwhile, two top Russian fertilizer producers, Uralkali and Silvinit, are discussing a possible merger.
- Business Trip
- College President Fired for Breaking Rules on Cars, Spending
- CRC to Start Selling Ads on Tickets as Part of Test Run
- Country's Rural Areas Face Shortage of Preschools, Ministry Says
- Mali Tragedy Shows Chinese Companies' Need for Support Systems
- Wrecking Ball
- Soccer Team, Major Sponsor Get Shirty over Jersey Change
- Advocate for Transplant Reform Not Done Yet
- Scandal at Aviation Regulator Widens as Another Official Investigated
- China Must Show Resolve in Combating Terrorism
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter