Ultra Makeover for Former Policy Bank CDB
Is there life after policy banking? An answer appears to be emerging at China Development Bank (CDB) as it makes the transition after years of government-backed policy lending.
CDB is being restructured as a commercial operation and, to that end, recently became the country's first commercial bank licensed to sell securities.
CDB Finance Co. Ltd., a wholly owned investment arm established in August 2009, is concentrating on private equity (PE) funds, direct investments and investment consulting. It's also handling international industrial funds established by CDB banking offices.
- Holiday Days
- The China Boom: Why China Will Not Rule the World
- One Point Two Billion
- Ailing Northeast Struggles to Keep Young Talent
- Much Has Changed Since Short Sellers Last Attacked HK Dollar
- Day of Play
- Software Firms Accuse Alibaba Health Subsidiary of Profiteering
- Inquiry into Guangdong Official 'Linked to Helping Sex Industry'
- Medical Fees Proposal Jolts China's Pensioners
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Now Learning It Has 'Environmental Migrants'
- Internet Company Treats 2,000 Employees to Cruise as Holiday Present
- Alibaba Gets Bitter Pill as Gov't Said to Scrap E-Drug System
- Government Edges toward Promised Tax Reform
- Tough Times Call for Tougher Reform Push
- Carmaker BYD Fares Well in Hometown, Struggles Elsewhere
- Caixin OnlineAnother Official Tied to Zhou Yongkang Is Handed Jail Term
- U.S. Venture Capital Firm Is Still Betting on China
- More Insiders Said to Be Linked to Agricultural Bank Scandal
- Terror in Mali and New Chinese Perspectives