Ultra Makeover for Former Policy Bank CDB
Is there life after policy banking? An answer appears to be emerging at China Development Bank (CDB) as it makes the transition after years of government-backed policy lending.
CDB is being restructured as a commercial operation and, to that end, recently became the country's first commercial bank licensed to sell securities.
CDB Finance Co. Ltd., a wholly owned investment arm established in August 2009, is concentrating on private equity (PE) funds, direct investments and investment consulting. It's also handling international industrial funds established by CDB banking offices.
- The Fall of Language in the Age of English
- Ticket to Childhood
- Taking the Next Step in Power Industry Reform
- Protesting Times
- Knives Out
- Men Have Better Chance than Women to Get Job Interview, Study Finds
- Party Legend's Son Denies He Is De Facto Head of Insurance Firm
- Alibaba's Bickering with Gov't Saps Investor Confidence
- Tencent Tops List of China's Most Valuable Brands
- The Little Red Book Turns 50
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future