Ultra Makeover for Former Policy Bank CDB
Is there life after policy banking? An answer appears to be emerging at China Development Bank (CDB) as it makes the transition after years of government-backed policy lending.
CDB is being restructured as a commercial operation and, to that end, recently became the country's first commercial bank licensed to sell securities.
CDB Finance Co. Ltd., a wholly owned investment arm established in August 2009, is concentrating on private equity (PE) funds, direct investments and investment consulting. It's also handling international industrial funds established by CDB banking offices.
- 'Important Information' vs. Information that Is Important
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- 4 Chinese Ships Stuck in Mexico since May over Iron Ore Dispute
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow