Ultra Makeover for Former Policy Bank CDB
Is there life after policy banking? An answer appears to be emerging at China Development Bank (CDB) as it makes the transition after years of government-backed policy lending.
CDB is being restructured as a commercial operation and, to that end, recently became the country's first commercial bank licensed to sell securities.
CDB Finance Co. Ltd., a wholly owned investment arm established in August 2009, is concentrating on private equity (PE) funds, direct investments and investment consulting. It's also handling international industrial funds established by CDB banking offices.
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- China as Responsible Stakeholder or Just 'Guest'?
- Qingdao Stepping-Out
- China Mobile to Set up 'Mixed-Share' Company for Content Businesses
- The Muddy Waters of Social Media
- Hami Station Fire
- Chronic Pain
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Ex-Minsheng Chairman Takes Helm of Private Capital 'Aircraft Carrier'
- Caixin Podcast: Red Cross Probe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- A Modern Reflection of Germany and Austria-Hungary?
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Iron Ore Prices Tumble as Four Large Producers Ramp up Production
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Analysts Wonder If Trust Industry Has Reached a Tipping Point
- For Graft Investigators, a Son Like His Father
- Detention of Haitong Securities Executive 'Is Linked to Bond Scandal'