Ultra Makeover for Former Policy Bank CDB
Is there life after policy banking? An answer appears to be emerging at China Development Bank (CDB) as it makes the transition after years of government-backed policy lending.
CDB is being restructured as a commercial operation and, to that end, recently became the country's first commercial bank licensed to sell securities.
CDB Finance Co. Ltd., a wholly owned investment arm established in August 2009, is concentrating on private equity (PE) funds, direct investments and investment consulting. It's also handling international industrial funds established by CDB banking offices.
- In Thursday's Papers: Dongguan Sees Slower Growth after Sex Trade Crackdown, Another China Resources Executive Investigated for Graft
- The 'Ifs' that Could Prevent Tragedies in Regulators' Offices
- Tencent's Deal for SK Entertainment Firm Has Star Potential, Investor Says
- Slashing Sand
- All (European) Politics Is National
- Northwestern Chinese City Counts Cost of Major Water Pollution Scandal
- Privilege Gap
- In Wednesday's Papers: Shenzhen Police Raid Offices of Video Streaming Firm, Gov'ts Made 4.2 Tln Yuan on Land Sales in 2013
- Does U.S. electric car maker Tesla Motors have a bright future in China?
- Budget Law Revision Proposes Letting Local Gov'ts Issue Bonds
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Long Goodbye
- Officials in Shanxi Scramble to Sort out Steelmaker's Debt Mess
- How Telecom Graft in China Tripped Up Telstra
- Shiller: What We Can Learn from Past Crises
- Jack Ma's 6.5 Bln Yuan Bachelor Party
- Stephen Roach: China, U.S. Headed in Opposite Directions
- Graft Inquiry at CNPC Uncovers Shady Deal Involving Productive Oil Block
- The Search for the Chinese Workers Who Helped Build America
- Detective Work by Group in 'Black Jail' Claim Leads to Trial
- P2P Lenders Heading into Dangerous Waters, Critics Say