Ultra Makeover for Former Policy Bank CDB
Is there life after policy banking? An answer appears to be emerging at China Development Bank (CDB) as it makes the transition after years of government-backed policy lending.
CDB is being restructured as a commercial operation and, to that end, recently became the country's first commercial bank licensed to sell securities.
CDB Finance Co. Ltd., a wholly owned investment arm established in August 2009, is concentrating on private equity (PE) funds, direct investments and investment consulting. It's also handling international industrial funds established by CDB banking offices.
- In Monday's Papers: Bourses in Shanghai, Shenzhen Slip; Tencent and JD.com Join Forces
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- The Week in Photos: March 1 – 7
- Missing Airplane
- Lianghui Quotes: March 10
- Expert Blames Unrealistic Expectations, Poor Policing for Attacks on Doctors
- Closer Look: NPC Meeting Makes Progress on Tax, Budget Fronts
- Closer Look: Relatives of Passengers on Missing Flight Have Long Wait, Few Answers
- The Avoidance of Labor and the Work of Art
- Hidden Anguish
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- U.S. Economy, Regulatory Approach Reaching Higher Ground, Policy Veteran Volcker Says
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Caixin Explains: What Is Yu E Bao and Why Is It in the News?