Ultra Makeover for Former Policy Bank CDB
Is there life after policy banking? An answer appears to be emerging at China Development Bank (CDB) as it makes the transition after years of government-backed policy lending.
CDB is being restructured as a commercial operation and, to that end, recently became the country's first commercial bank licensed to sell securities.
CDB Finance Co. Ltd., a wholly owned investment arm established in August 2009, is concentrating on private equity (PE) funds, direct investments and investment consulting. It's also handling international industrial funds established by CDB banking offices.
- China Releases Guiding Policy on Reform Tied to Government Spending
- China's Stimulus Bond Program Faces Effectiveness Test
- Why Official Claim on Services Driving China's Economy is Misleading
- Kobe Bryant Invests in China Education Firm
- China Contractor Gets Second Chance at Bahamas Luxury Hotel
- Alibaba Pictures Expands Into Cinemas
- Despite Gains in HDI, China Needs More Reform for Inclusive Growth, UN Says
- CSRC Beefs up Internal Disciplinary Inspection with New Committee
- Insurance Regulator Eyes Crackdown on Short-Term Policies
- China Telecom H1 Profit up 6.3 Pct on Strong 4G Subscriber Growth
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Edges Closer to a Liquidity Trap
- First China Made Bullet Train Makes Maiden Trip
- Souring Business, Xenophobia Makes China Dream Lose Its Appeal for African Migrants
- China to Bring Back Equity Incentives for SOE Employees
- Farewell Medal Mania, Hello Sports Reform
- Dalian Wanda's Property Arm To Delist from Hong Kong in September
- China Behind on Plans to Trim Overcapacity
- Alibaba Rakes in Millions Selling Co-branding Rights to Double 11 Gala
- Can Baseball Finally Hit a Home Run in China?
- Car-Hailing Firms Try New Business Frontiers