Wrongfully Convicted Rape Suspects Released
A peasant from Zhecheng County in Henan Province, Zhang Zhenfeng, was recently released after it was found that he was wrongfully convicted three years ago. Twelve criminal cases occurred in Zhecheng County in one month in 2007 and were quickly investigated and resolved by local police within the short span of five days.
Zhang was arrested by local police on June 3, 2007. In November 2008, he was sentenced to death with reprieve by the Shangqiu City Intermediate People's Courts on charges of gang rape, robbery, and possession of counterfeit money. Four other defendants in the same case were peasants from Zhang's village. Two were sentenced to life imprisonment, while the other two received 15 year sentences.
- Beijing Migrants in Limbo Despite New Hukou Reform
- China Eases Pricing Rules on Public Hospitals
- Welcome Mat Fades for Taiwan Businesses
- China's Largest Private Shipbuilder to Cut 2,000 Jobs in 2016
- COSCO Shipping H1 Profits Sink 12 Pct Due to Freight Rate Slump
- Investment Dip Rains on China's Upbeat Economy
- Schoolgirl Dies of Heart Attack after Falling Prey to A Phone Scam that Syphoned Her Tuition Money
- Spring Air Fuels Expansion with 10 New Airbus Jets
- P2P Firms in China Get Wings Clipped by New Rules
- PBOC Official Xuan Changneng to Join CSRC to Assist the Chairman
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- China Edges Closer to a Liquidity Trap
- Souring Business, Xenophobia Makes China Dream Lose Its Appeal for African Migrants
- First China Made Bullet Train Makes Maiden Trip
- China to Bring Back Equity Incentives for SOE Employees
- Farewell Medal Mania, Hello Sports Reform
- Dalian Wanda's Property Arm To Delist from Hong Kong in September
- China Behind on Plans to Trim Overcapacity
- Beijing Floats Extension of Debt-to-Equity Plan to Wider Range of Creditors
- Alibaba Rakes in Millions Selling Co-branding Rights to Double 11 Gala
- Can Baseball Finally Hit a Home Run in China?