Wrongfully Convicted Rape Suspects Released
A peasant from Zhecheng County in Henan Province, Zhang Zhenfeng, was recently released after it was found that he was wrongfully convicted three years ago. Twelve criminal cases occurred in Zhecheng County in one month in 2007 and were quickly investigated and resolved by local police within the short span of five days.
Zhang was arrested by local police on June 3, 2007. In November 2008, he was sentenced to death with reprieve by the Shangqiu City Intermediate People's Courts on charges of gang rape, robbery, and possession of counterfeit money. Four other defendants in the same case were peasants from Zhang's village. Two were sentenced to life imprisonment, while the other two received 15 year sentences.
- China's Workers Earned More in 2014, but Percent Raises Shrank
- Big Blast
- China Telecom Confirms Severed Cables Caused Alipay Disruption
- The 'Liquidity Trap' with Chinese Characteristics
- Graphics: Expansion Expectations
- China Uses Drones to Monitor Pollution Problem from Above
- Experts Question Alipay's Backup Plans after Long Glitch
- Parents in Capital Angry at Recruiting Changes for Top Primary Schools
- A Prince's Legacy
- Emissions from Nation's Incineration Plants 'Surpass Standards'
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Solar Panel Maker Suffering HK Share Sell-Off 'Failed to Repay Loans'
- The Big VIE Question
- South China Sea Issue Is Litmus Test for Sino-U.S. Relationship
- China Unleashes Bonds to Tackle Local Debt
- Rescue in the Works for Indebted Sinosteel
- Residents of Beijing Community Renew Protest against Waste Incineration Plant
- Banks Face Obstacles to Using Biometric Data for ID Purposes
- Party's 'United Front' Meeting Said to Be Aimed at Earning Reform Support
- Be Prepared to Pass the Test of Fed's Moves
- Developer Probed for Web of Floor Space Fraud