Economist Says China's Yuan Policy Based on its Own Needs
(Beijing) -- An economist at the Development Research Center of the State Council said that the appreciation of the yuan is related to industrial upgrading and the change of China's economic growth model, rather than a threat from the United States.
Wu made comments recently in a forum on the cooperation between mainland China and Taiwan.
"A majority of Chinese economists consider the issue from the perspective of the health of China's economic growth," Wu said.
- Chongqing Flood
- Back on Track
- Where is the money
- China Unicom Agrees to Host Tesla Rechargers at Its Branches
- Two Shanxi Officials with Troubled Pasts Now Graft Suspects Themselves
- Agricultural Bank's Chairman Said to Take Party Post in Jilin
- After Success at Home, Smartphone Maker Eyes Long-Distance Call
- Magsaysay Award
- The Week in Photos: August 23 – 29
- Address Claims of Anti-Foreigner Bias in Monopoly Investigations
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- More Officials in Scandal-Hit Shanxi Come under CDIC Scrutiny
- Former Auditor at China Resources Group 'Detained by Police'
- Why Anti-Monopoly Investigations Are Happening Now
- No Free Rides in Iraq
- Vanke Tries Promotion with Taobao amid Slowing Sales
- Baidu Disconnects from Its Plan to Join Gov't Telecoms Pilot