Economist Says China's Yuan Policy Based on its Own Needs
(Beijing) -- An economist at the Development Research Center of the State Council said that the appreciation of the yuan is related to industrial upgrading and the change of China's economic growth model, rather than a threat from the United States.
Wu made comments recently in a forum on the cooperation between mainland China and Taiwan.
"A majority of Chinese economists consider the issue from the perspective of the health of China's economic growth," Wu said.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter