Proview Asks for Compensation for Use of iPad Name
Proview International Holdings announced on October 26 that its subsidiary company in Chinese mainland, Proview Technology, owns the trademark rights to the iPad in China and has asked Apple to stop using the name. Proview has asked Apple for 10 billion yuan in compensation for copyright infringement.
According to China Securities Journal, Proview's Taipei subsidiary in 2000 and 2001 registered the use of "iPad" trademark for electronic products in China and other parts of the world.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter