Discount Craze Tests Taobao's Online Mall
(Beijing) -- One day, one consumer at a time, and nearly 1 billion yuan in total sales. China's largest online marketplace Taobao.com could hardly have asked for a more appropriate set of integers for its 11/11 Singles Day 50 Percent All-Out Sale marketing extravaganza November 11.
Taobao reported singular success after sales far exceeded expectations on Single's Day, a shopping promotion targeting China's unmarried adults, through its new business-to-consumer (B2C) platform, Taobao Mall.
- Lianghui Quotes: March 12
- In Wednesday's Papers: 19 Domestic Insurers Affected by Missing Flight, First Audit of Gov't Land Sales Due Early Next Year
- Caixin Explains: What Are E-Credit Cards and How Do They Work?
- Private Banks in Pilot Will Have Four Models to Choose From
- MH370 Co-Pilot
- The Best Way for China to Address Terrorism
- Keep Expectations for NDRC Reform Limited
- Lianghui Quotes: March 11
- In Tuesday's Papers: Interest Rates Freed within Two Years, PBOC Head Says; Legislators Mull Creating Anti-Terror Law
- Closer Look: JD.com, Tencent Both Have to Like their Big Deal
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- Caixin Explains: How MH370 Should Have Been Able to Send Emergency Message
- U.S. Economy, Regulatory Approach Reaching Higher Ground, Policy Veteran Volcker Says
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says
- Li Ka-shing: Continued Progress Depends on Embracing Technology
- Graphics: Rich Representatives