Discount Craze Tests Taobao's Online Mall
(Beijing) -- One day, one consumer at a time, and nearly 1 billion yuan in total sales. China's largest online marketplace Taobao.com could hardly have asked for a more appropriate set of integers for its 11/11 Singles Day 50 Percent All-Out Sale marketing extravaganza November 11.
Taobao reported singular success after sales far exceeded expectations on Single's Day, a shopping promotion targeting China's unmarried adults, through its new business-to-consumer (B2C) platform, Taobao Mall.
- Confucius and the World He Created
- The Lost Novel
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Waiting for the Light
- Baidu, Hospital Association Squabble over Ad Charges
- Deadly Work
- China-U.S. Trade Engagement in Asia Could Be Win-Win
- Baosteel's Listed Arm Had Declines in Revenue, Net Profit in 2014
- Security Ministry Cancels 1.44 Mln Fake Hukou Documents
- Why Raising Retirement Age Is No Cure-All for Population Problems
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity
- Amid Worsening Pollution, Gov't Moves toward Law on Ecotaxes
- Shrewd Smiles as Online Bankers Test New Tech