Discount Craze Tests Taobao's Online Mall
(Beijing) -- One day, one consumer at a time, and nearly 1 billion yuan in total sales. China's largest online marketplace Taobao.com could hardly have asked for a more appropriate set of integers for its 11/11 Singles Day 50 Percent All-Out Sale marketing extravaganza November 11.
Taobao reported singular success after sales far exceeded expectations on Single's Day, a shopping promotion targeting China's unmarried adults, through its new business-to-consumer (B2C) platform, Taobao Mall.
- Black Holes
- Mecca: The Sacred City
- Graphics: China's Overworked Workers
- Capital's Gov't Says Subway Fares Will Double Starting December
- Despite Minor Disputes, Ties with China Best in History, German Envoy Says
- "Happiest People"
- Wal-Mart Says It Has Laid Off 28 Managers, 90 Others
- Robot Waiter
- Nanning Stabbings
- Another Brother in Prominent Shanxi Family Is Target of Graft Investigation
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Clearing the Air with a Sino-U.S. Climate Pact
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Justin Lin Ignores Population Factor with Growth Predictions
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Websites Offering Subtitles for Foreign TV Shows, Movies Shut Down
- China Needs All-Out Effort to Meet Emissions Goals, Experts Say
- A Passage to India
- Court to Rehear 1996 Murder Case that Ended with Suspect's Execution
- Scientists Issue Warning over Development of Coastal Wetlands