Discount Craze Tests Taobao's Online Mall
(Beijing) -- One day, one consumer at a time, and nearly 1 billion yuan in total sales. China's largest online marketplace Taobao.com could hardly have asked for a more appropriate set of integers for its 11/11 Singles Day 50 Percent All-Out Sale marketing extravaganza November 11.
Taobao reported singular success after sales far exceeded expectations on Single's Day, a shopping promotion targeting China's unmarried adults, through its new business-to-consumer (B2C) platform, Taobao Mall.
- More than 21,000 Couples in Capital Apply to Have Second Baby
- Central Gov't Said to Plan Pilot Reform of Rural Asset Ownership
- Big Umbrella
- Abe Protest
- Lost in Translation
- Graphics: Fully Loaded
- Can Doctors Cut the Public Hospital Cord?
- Local Gov't Criticized for Linking Blood Donations to Middle School Test
- The Week in Photos: September 20 – 26
- Goodbye Lenin
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Alibaba's IPO Was Huge, but Analysts Say Investors Have Reasons to Worry
- After Overseas Rush, Chinese Firms' Iron Ore Projects Run into Trouble
- A Chinese Dream in America
- Adobe to Shutter China Operations in October, Employees Say
- Graphic: Alibaba's Big Deal
- HK Tycoons Defend Giant Gift to Harvard's Medical School
- Gov't Again Tries Trimming the Fat by Slashing Pay of SOE Executives
- CCTV Airs Program on Conditions for Fallen Officials in Guangdong Prison
- How Chinese Universities Can Learn the Largesse Game
- Aviation Giant 'Plans Firm to Focus on Engine Design, Production'