Discount Craze Tests Taobao's Online Mall
(Beijing) -- One day, one consumer at a time, and nearly 1 billion yuan in total sales. China's largest online marketplace Taobao.com could hardly have asked for a more appropriate set of integers for its 11/11 Singles Day 50 Percent All-Out Sale marketing extravaganza November 11.
Taobao reported singular success after sales far exceeded expectations on Single's Day, a shopping promotion targeting China's unmarried adults, through its new business-to-consumer (B2C) platform, Taobao Mall.
- Guo Yongxian
- Li Chuncheng
- Big Haboob
- Gov't Puts Official Vehicle Reform in Drive
- Jia Xiaoxia
- Zhou Bin
- Graphics: Zhou Yongkang's Tangled Path
- Caixin Explains: Central Committee Discipline Inspection Teams
- Country Deals with Large Number of Flight Delays as Military Holds Drills
- Well-Known Shanghai Businessman 'Faces Embezzlement Probe'
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?