Discount Craze Tests Taobao's Online Mall
(Beijing) -- One day, one consumer at a time, and nearly 1 billion yuan in total sales. China's largest online marketplace Taobao.com could hardly have asked for a more appropriate set of integers for its 11/11 Singles Day 50 Percent All-Out Sale marketing extravaganza November 11.
Taobao reported singular success after sales far exceeded expectations on Single's Day, a shopping promotion targeting China's unmarried adults, through its new business-to-consumer (B2C) platform, Taobao Mall.
- Is the A-share market in for dark days?
- Shanghai's Natives Have No Business Scorning Migrants
- Oil and Gas Exchange in Shanghai Starts Two-Month Trial
- Gov't Once Again Tries to Pull Stock Market out of Nosedive
- Razing History
- Chipmaker Intel on a China Partnership Drive
- Beijing's Market for Second-Hand Homes Rebounds in H1
- 'Left-Behind' Children Need Our Attention Now
- Burst Bank
- China Sets 2030 as Key Date in Cutting Carbon Emissions
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Children of Migrant Parents Left Alone to Die
- Share Price Tumble Puts Tycoon Linked to Fallen Officials, Businessmen in Spotlight
- Caixin Takes Over Sponsorship from HSBC of Markit's China PMI, Enters Financial Data Services
- China Said to Likely Enjoy Veto Power over AIIB's Big Decisions
- New Stakeholders for CITIC Securities Shake-Up
- Aliyun Data Center in HK Suffers 14-Hour Disruption
- LeTV Said to Buy 18 Pct Stake in Coolpad for HK$ 2.73 Bln
- Will 'Water Rings' Quench Beijing's Thirst?
- Slower Sales Prompt FAW-Volkswagen to Cut Bonuses, Extend Holiday
- Provinces Continue to Separate Leadership of Police, Law Committees