Discount Craze Tests Taobao's Online Mall
(Beijing) -- One day, one consumer at a time, and nearly 1 billion yuan in total sales. China's largest online marketplace Taobao.com could hardly have asked for a more appropriate set of integers for its 11/11 Singles Day 50 Percent All-Out Sale marketing extravaganza November 11.
Taobao reported singular success after sales far exceeded expectations on Single's Day, a shopping promotion targeting China's unmarried adults, through its new business-to-consumer (B2C) platform, Taobao Mall.
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Ice Bucket Challenge Could Give Jolt to Charities in China
- 37 Groups Said to Start Making Offers for Piece of Sinopec Sales Subsidiary
- Have anti-corruption efforts become a permanent feature of the political landscape in China?
- Developer Demonstration
- Deadly Bus Crash
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- Baidu Disconnects from Its Plan to Join Gov't Telecoms Pilot
- "8-13" Mob
- Former Auditor at China Resources Group 'Detained by Police'
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Detention of Haitong Securities Executive 'Is Linked to Bond Scandal'