Off the Chopping Block, Onward for Shuanghui
(Luohe) – Shuanghui means "two converging rivers" in Chinese, and it's an appropriate name for China's largest meat processing company now that it's making waves with a first-ever asset restructuring and management buyout project.
The company has struggled with a split personality since 1998, when it was divided into the parent Shuanghui Group and an A-share listed platform Shuanghui Development. The dual entities have actually competed against each other in the meatpacking business.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter