Successful Shanxi Rail Magnate Under Scrutiny
Ding Shumiao is a successful businesswoman, celebrated philanthropist and so well-connected that more than 400 central government and Communist Party leaders attended a huge Spring Festival celebration in early 2010 sponsored by her coal-railway-advertising conglomerate.
So when news recently emerged that government investigators were looking into Ding's finances and railway investments, a shiver went through the highest ranks of the nation's railway and coal industries.
- Goldman Sachs Sells Last ICBS Shares
- An Investment Company Tries Its Hand at Farming
- Alibaba Intending to Dig Deep for E-commerce Gold
- In Tuesday's Papers: Xi Plans to Meet Obama in June, Bird Flu Found in North Korea
- Closer Look: Li's India Trip about 'Exploring New Strategies'
- N. Korean Escape
- Financial Industry 'Should Be Opened up More'
- In Monday's Papers: Danone, COFCO in JV Agreement, Work on Two CRC Lines Delayed
- Four Local Gov'ts Eye Greater Borrowing This Year
- Billion Yuan Buddha
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Delicacies of the Chinese Dream
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter