Lianghui Quotes 2011-3-10
·In 2010, the budget for primary health care institutions was 63.2 billion yuan when only 69.4 percent of the budget was spent. The money spent represented 94 percent of 2009's expenditures. Budgetary planning needs to account for the entire health care system and should be managed better."
Chen Zhu, China's Minister of Health
·In the No. 1 Central Document of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council this year, investment in water resources will double in 2020 based on the figure of 2010. This means that 4 trillion yuan will be invested into water conservation construction with financing from various sources, including ten percent of annual revenues coming from land transactions, water resource charges and funds for water conservation construction."
- Without Wages
- The Fall of Language in the Age of English
- Ticket to Childhood
- Taking the Next Step in Power Industry Reform
- Protesting Times
- Knives Out
- Men Have Better Chance than Women to Get Job Interview, Study Finds
- Party Legend's Son Denies He Is De Facto Head of Insurance Firm
- Alibaba's Bickering with Gov't Saps Investor Confidence
- Tencent Tops List of China's Most Valuable Brands
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future
- Taobao, Gov't Get Real Testy over Fake Goods Accusations