Cities Report Slump in Residential Housing Sales
(Beijing) -- Sales of residential housing in Beijing and Shanghai dropped sharply in the past two months due to both the central and local government's latest measures to cool the property market.
According to the municipal statistics bureau on March 15, residential housing sales in Beijing for the January to February period declined 21.1 percent from the same period last year to 1.32 million square meters. At the same time, residential housing transactions in Shanghai fell 31.3 percent year-on-year to 1.9 million square meters.
- Closer Look: IMF's Decision on Yuan Means More Reforms for China
- Pick the Low-Hanging Fruit to Get Tough on Climate Change
- Banks Raise Dams, Fend Off Toxic Debt Crisis
- November PMI at 48.6, Marking the Ninth Straight Month of Manufacturing Contraction
- The Week in Photos: Nov.21 - 27
- Four-Fifths of Medical School Graduates 'Don't Become Doctors'
- China, Germany Ideal Partners in Climate Change Fight
- China Mobile to Get Fixed-Line Broadband Assets in 32 Bln Yuan Deal
- Zhang Zhixin: The Woman who took on the 'Gang of Four'
- Growing Pains
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Closer Look: Why Official Goals for Natural Gas Use Are in Doubt
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says
- China 1945: Mao's Revolution and America's Fateful Choice