All Aboard China's Fast Trains to Trouble
Nearly 300 spacious train stations replete with marble and amenities have opened across China in recent years to complement a fleet of white "Harmony" bullet trains that whisk passengers between cities at jaw-dropping speeds.
Indeed, the nation's modern network of high-speed rail lines, grand stations and sleek trains has forever changed the world's impression of China's once-backward railroads.
- Business Trip
- College President Fired for Breaking Rules on Cars, Spending
- CRC to Start Selling Ads on Tickets as Part of Test Run
- Country's Rural Areas Face Shortage of Preschools, Ministry Says
- Mali Tragedy Shows Chinese Companies' Need for Support Systems
- Wrecking Ball
- Soccer Team, Major Sponsor Get Shirty over Jersey Change
- Advocate for Transplant Reform Not Done Yet
- Scandal at Aviation Regulator Widens as Another Official Investigated
- China Must Show Resolve in Combating Terrorism
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- Official Figures for Major Smog Pollutant Last Year 'Off by Half'
- China Eyes More Muscle for Market Supervision
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Scandal-Hit Citic Securities Says Its Party Head Will Retire
- Plan to Develop Two New Beijing Districts 'Flies in Face of Population Curbs'
- Closer Look: Baidu Joins Other Internet Giants to Open a Bank