Alipay Awarded Third-Party Payment License
(Beijing) -- The People's Bank of China (PBOC) on May 26 released the first batch of licenses for third-party payment services to 27 operators, including Alipay, previously wholly-owned by the country's largest e-commerce provider Alibaba Group.
The PBOC, China's central bank, issued licensing regulations last June for third-party payment providers. It also issued separate guidelines for foreign-funded payment institutions.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter