Why Liu Ping's Candidacy Failed
Liu Ping wanted to be an everyman's candidate in a race for a local delegate to the National People's Congress. She wanted to represent her neighbors in the Yushu District of Xinyu, a city in Jiangxi Province. She gave it her all.
But the high-school educated woman who retired in 2009 from Yuanxingang Equipment and Materials Co., a branch of Xinyu Iron and Steel Group, found all roads blocked.
- Mountain Highway
- General Who Led PLA Said to Be Expelled from Party
- Eurozone Debt Rises Again, but Few Care
- Surging Grain Imports Spurring Officials to Rethink Policies
- China's Billion Dollar Question: Why Are Forex Figures Falling?
- A Tripolar Currency Regime Is in the Offing
- Party Official Puts Charges TV Maker's Boss Broke Law Online
- Proposed Law Gives Gov't Too Much Control of Internet, Experts Say
- Testing Times
- Views: Privacy Problem
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Investor Angry at Gov't Role in Stock Market Rout in Apparent Suicide (updated)
- Cheers, Fears for China's Next Step Overseas
- Who and What is Chinese?
- Tech Takeoff Lifts Drone Industry to New Heights
- Villain or Hero for Stock Market Saga?
- Hanergy Thin Film Power Removed From Stock Connect Program
- Policy Banks Linked to 'Belt and Road' Plans Said to Get US$ 31 Bln
- Early Caixin Manufacturing PMI for July at 48.2 Points
- Tricky Medical Games for China's Autistic Kids
- The Right Approach to the PPP Model