CIC Says it Has No Plans to Invest in Facebook
(Beijing) – China's sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp. (CIC) is not mulling an investment stake in Facebook, a person close to CIC told Caixin.
The source added that CIC sees Facebook as currently overvalued.
U.S. website Businessinsider reported on July 1 that CIC planned to take a stake into the world's most popular social networking website with 700 million users.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter