Former Tencent COO Detained
(Beijing) -- Former Tencent Holdings Ltd. Chief Operating Officer Zeng Liqing has been detained by authorities to assist in the investigation of an ongoing corruption probe into China Mobile, Caixin learnt from several sources.
Ma Li, vice general manager of the data department of China Mobile, the country's largest telecom carrier, was put under investigation by the government in March on allegations of corruption. Ma's case has involved possible misconduct in contracts with service providers for China Mobile, including some leading internet firms, said a central government disciplinary inspection official.
- 'Important Information' vs. Information that Is Important
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- 4 Chinese Ships Stuck in Mexico since May over Iron Ore Dispute
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow