Former Tencent COO Detained
(Beijing) -- Former Tencent Holdings Ltd. Chief Operating Officer Zeng Liqing has been detained by authorities to assist in the investigation of an ongoing corruption probe into China Mobile, Caixin learnt from several sources.
Ma Li, vice general manager of the data department of China Mobile, the country's largest telecom carrier, was put under investigation by the government in March on allegations of corruption. Ma's case has involved possible misconduct in contracts with service providers for China Mobile, including some leading internet firms, said a central government disciplinary inspection official.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter