Automaker Hawtai Revving Up Corporate Reform
A talented stable of six senior executives took the stage together during a recent Beijing ceremony marking a new era for Chinese automaker Hawtai Motor.
Seated prominently among the executives was Zhang Hongliang, the 27-year-old company director and son of Chairman Zhang Xiugen. He's apparently being groomed to succeed his father as head of a family business that's now taking corporate governance seriously and planning for growth.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter