Statement: Caixin Reporter's Gmail Hacked
Zhao Hejuan, an investigative reporter at Caixin Media, found that her Gmail account had been logged into from IP address 18.104.22.168, which traced back to Longhui County in Hunan Province.
Zhao learned of the attacks July 21 after receiving a Gmail security alert. Caixin's IT department later uncovered evidence that the hacks into Zhao's account went as far back as July 19. Based on Gmail's IP history, the hackers had logged on to Zhao's Gmail account everyday since July 19. Zhao and Caixin's legal affairs consultant reported the incident to district police in Beijing on July 22.
- Goldman Sachs Sells Last ICBS Shares
- An Investment Company Tries Its Hand at Farming
- Alibaba Intending to Dig Deep for E-commerce Gold
- In Tuesday's Papers: Xi Plans to Meet Obama in June, Bird Flu Found in North Korea
- Closer Look: Li's India Trip about 'Exploring New Strategies'
- N. Korean Escape
- Financial Industry 'Should Be Opened up More'
- In Monday's Papers: Danone, COFCO in JV Agreement, Work on Two CRC Lines Delayed
- Four Local Gov'ts Eye Greater Borrowing This Year
- Billion Yuan Buddha
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Delicacies of the Chinese Dream
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter