Statement: Caixin Reporter's Gmail Hacked
Zhao Hejuan, an investigative reporter at Caixin Media, found that her Gmail account had been logged into from IP address 220.127.116.11, which traced back to Longhui County in Hunan Province.
Zhao learned of the attacks July 21 after receiving a Gmail security alert. Caixin's IT department later uncovered evidence that the hacks into Zhao's account went as far back as July 19. Based on Gmail's IP history, the hackers had logged on to Zhao's Gmail account everyday since July 19. Zhao and Caixin's legal affairs consultant reported the incident to district police in Beijing on July 22.
- Problems Listed in Audit Reports Were Seen Before
- Progress on SOEs Means Answering Political Questions
- In Wednesday's Papers: NDRC Approving Fewer Projects, Interbank Interest Rates Rise on Tight Liquidity
- Honeymoon's Over for Sweethearts of SOE Reform
- The Real Way to Cut Gov't Influence over Economy
- The European Experiment, Three Years On
- Risks in Financing Platforms Pose a Challenge, CBRC Says
- Lean In
- China's Open Source Hardware Movement
- Goldman Sachs Sells Last ICBC Shares
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter
- Graphics: Defining the Chinese Dream