Bank Regulator's Loan Rules Appear Bendable
Chinese bank stocks have taken a major hit this summer, with some prices scraping one-year lows, casting a cloud over investor confidence in the sector.
The jitters intensified after the Chinese Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) recently repeated an earlier ruling that maturing bank loans to local government financing platforms could not be renewed or extended.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter