Securities Division Risks Ping An Reputation
Executive flight and the bitter aftertaste of a fraud probe are challenges facing Ping An Securities that may have significantly damaged the good name of its parent, Ping An Insurance Group.
Even while the securities firm celebrated its 20th anniversary in August, a management shake-up was under way led by the departure of Gong Handing, the investment banking chief who took a new job at Chinalion Securities.
Ping An Securities President Xue Rongnian told Caixin that Gong, after 11 years with the firm, had personally decided to leave for the smaller, less prestigious Chinalion.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter