Securities Division Risks Ping An Reputation
Executive flight and the bitter aftertaste of a fraud probe are challenges facing Ping An Securities that may have significantly damaged the good name of its parent, Ping An Insurance Group.
Even while the securities firm celebrated its 20th anniversary in August, a management shake-up was under way led by the departure of Gong Handing, the investment banking chief who took a new job at Chinalion Securities.
Ping An Securities President Xue Rongnian told Caixin that Gong, after 11 years with the firm, had personally decided to leave for the smaller, less prestigious Chinalion.
- Deadly Floods Reveal Gaps in Country's Disaster Management Capabilities, Official Says
- Private Investors Elbowed Out by High Borrowing Cost, Research Shows
- Property Markets in Top Tier Cities Continue to Sizzle in July
- Revival, Resistance for National Pension Push
- China Industrial Profit Growth Recovers to 6.2 Pct in H1
- Top Military Aide Guo Boxiong Sentenced to Life for Corruption
- Boom Time for Apps Offering Answers for All
- New Territory for Financial Oversight Reform
- Undervaluation Complaints Kill Baidu's Video Spin-Off
- Opera for All
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Electric-Vehicle Makers Hit By Battery Troubles After Foreign Players Fail to Make Govt. List
- China to Build Out 45,000 km High-Speed Rail Network
- Straw Man in the South China Sea
- Media Watch: Colonel Sanders Becomes Unexpected Victim of South China Sea Ruling
- Investors Seek Liaoning Debt Boycott As Bond Default Battle Heats Up
- Can Financial Unit Shuffling Stem SOE Red Ink?
- China Proposes Global Tax System at G20 Meeting
- China Moves Closer to Lift QR Code Payments Ban
- Anbang Defies Insurance Downturn With Surging Premiums
- Baidu Blames Third-Party Ad Agencies for Illicit Gambling Ads