Expressways of Excess
"Excessive." That's the word Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) academic and National Planning Expert Committee member Lu Dadao uses to describe the scope and pace of transportation-related construction projects in China.
In a recent interview with Caixin, 71-year-old Lu repeated his long-held concerns about the nation's vast transportation building program, referring specifically to a critical report written by a research team he headed and submitted to the central government one year ago.
- NPC to Get Proposals for Clearing up Way Laws Are Enacted
- Speculation on CDIC Article about Corrupt Prince 'Ridiculous'
- Gov't Making Little Progress Cutting Links with 'Social Groups,' Report Says
- Lianghui Roundup: March 5
- China Plans More Opening to Foreign Investment, Li Tells NPC
- E-Commerce Giants, Gov't Create New Markets in China's Rural Areas
- Village Vitality
- Lianghui Roundup: March 4
- Panda Numbers on Rise, but 'Species Still Faces Big Challenges'
- Power Hook-Up Policy a Live Wire in Guangxi
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Can Market Mechanisms Clear China's Bad Air?
- Minsheng Tries Weathering a Maelstrom
- HR Head of Alcatel-Shanghai Bell 'Found Dead in Shanghai River'
- Three Private Shipping Companies Run into Financial Troubles
- Closer Look: Local Officials Have Little Love for National Hukou Reform
- Media Watch: Former Star Reporter Causes Stir with Smog Documentary
- China's Factories Are Building a Robot Nation
- State Patronage Divides Confucian Intellectuals
- Tourism Tensions Have HK Mulling Limits on Visitor Numbers
- Taiwan Gov't Tells Alibaba to Withdraw an Investment from Island