Expressways of Excess
"Excessive." That's the word Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) academic and National Planning Expert Committee member Lu Dadao uses to describe the scope and pace of transportation-related construction projects in China.
In a recent interview with Caixin, 71-year-old Lu repeated his long-held concerns about the nation's vast transportation building program, referring specifically to a critical report written by a research team he headed and submitted to the central government one year ago.
- Confucius and the World He Created
- The Lost Novel
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Waiting for the Light
- Baidu, Hospital Association Squabble over Ad Charges
- Deadly Work
- China-U.S. Trade Engagement in Asia Could Be Win-Win
- Baosteel's Listed Arm Had Declines in Revenue, Net Profit in 2014
- Security Ministry Cancels 1.44 Mln Fake Hukou Documents
- Why Raising Retirement Age Is No Cure-All for Population Problems
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Will Slow and Steady Win China's Economy Race?
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity