Expressways of Excess
"Excessive." That's the word Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) academic and National Planning Expert Committee member Lu Dadao uses to describe the scope and pace of transportation-related construction projects in China.
In a recent interview with Caixin, 71-year-old Lu repeated his long-held concerns about the nation's vast transportation building program, referring specifically to a critical report written by a research team he headed and submitted to the central government one year ago.
- Goldman Sachs Sells Last ICBS Shares
- An Investment Company Tries Its Hand at Farming
- Alibaba Intending to Dig Deep for E-commerce Gold
- In Tuesday's Papers: Xi Plans to Meet Obama in June, Bird Flu Found in North Korea
- Closer Look: Li's India Trip about 'Exploring New Strategies'
- N. Korean Escape
- Financial Industry 'Should Be Opened up More'
- In Monday's Papers: Danone, COFCO in JV Agreement, Work on Two CRC Lines Delayed
- Four Local Gov'ts Eye Greater Borrowing This Year
- Billion Yuan Buddha
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Delicacies of the Chinese Dream
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter