Wider, Hotter U.S.-China Disputes over Trade
Ten years into its tenure as a World Trade Organization member, the planet's second-largest economy China has joined the United States in a game of finger-pointing.
China has taken advantage of WTO dispute settlement mechanism to file eight cases against other countries over the past decade, including six against the United States. Meanwhile, the United States was responsible for 12 of the 23 cases filed against China by WTO members.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter