Beijing Officials Mum on Air Quality Readings
(Beijing)—In the face of growing citizen concerns over Beijing's air quality, government officials are refusing to release any additional data collected from their air quality monitors.
On December 4 and 5, thick smog descended on the nation's capital, prompting Beijing officials to cancel hundreds of flights and shut down a few major highways.
- Deadly Plunge
- Investor Accuses ABC of Insider Trading over Sale of State-Owned Firm's Bonds
- Tech Progress Depends on More Reform, Including for Intellectual Property
- Did a Chinese Insurer Cross the Investor Line?
- Caixin China PMI: Chilly April for Factories with Index Falling to 49.4
- Fast Track
- Fund Used to Bailout Stock Markets Lose 12 percent in Value
- Former Head of CDB Leasing Denies Taking Bribes from China Southern Airlines
- Coal Addiction Spells Trouble for Wind Power Producers
- Crash Site
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter