Strategize, Adapt, Reform
Amid global economic uncertainty, People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan is one of the world's most talked-about central bankers.
Zhou attracts as much attention as U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and European Central Bank President Mario Draghi because the world's financial markets are vitally interested in China's interest rate trends, bank deposit reserve ratio adjustments, and yuan-dollar exchange rates.
- Themed Dining
- Oil Giants Less Aggressive with Foreign Purchases Last Year
- Amid Graft Fight, Communist Party Wants Count of 'Unnatural Deaths'
- Closer Look: It's a Good Thing Taobao's Tussle with Regulator Spilled into Daylight
- Sinking Feeling
- Shenzhen's Circuit Breaker for Power Pricing
- Taobao, Gov't Get Real Testy over Fake Goods Accusations
- Shanghai Official Urges More Couples to Have Second Child
- Chinese Cities Go off Rails in Effort to Attract New Train Stations
- Water Works
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future