Strategize, Adapt, Reform
Amid global economic uncertainty, People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan is one of the world's most talked-about central bankers.
Zhou attracts as much attention as U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and European Central Bank President Mario Draghi because the world's financial markets are vitally interested in China's interest rate trends, bank deposit reserve ratio adjustments, and yuan-dollar exchange rates.
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Another Hebei Official Is Targeted by Corruption Investigators
- Closer Look: Gov't Wants Proactive Tax Policies, but Ends Up with a Problem
- China-U.S. Investment Treaty Would Strengthen Economic Relations
- Top Prosecutor's Office Plans New Body to Better Fight Corruption
- Exercise Caution
- Book: Living Karma: The Religious Practices of Ouyi Zhixu
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Visa, MasterCard Confront China's Stacked Deck
- Chinese Developers' Projects in Malaysia Run into Series of Snags
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect
- Closer Look: Sales Soar, but Alibaba Frets over Delivery, Time Zone Issues