Da Vinci Says CCTV Reporter Blackmailed Company
(Beijing) – Luxury furniture retailer Da Vinci said a CCTV reporter extorted money in exchange for the silencing of false reports over the veracity of the company's product labeling.
In an interview with Caixin, the company said it wired 1 million yuan to an account in Hong Kong. Da Vinci believes the money will finally go to CCTV reporter Li Wenxue.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot