Cutting 1 Trillion Yuan in Taxes
The year 2012 is the most important test for China in two decades. The growth downturn is not just a correction or even a cyclical downturn. It is the end to a two-decade-long, invest-and-export growth model. Shifting to a new growth model requires painful reforms. If China refuses to change, it could experience a lost decade.
China's economic slowdown is a good thing in the short term. It decreases waste, and with a shortage of blue collar labor, it carries low political risk.
- Graphics: Going Mobile
- Why Anti-Monopoly Investigations Are Happening Now
- No One-Size-Fits-All Solution for Fixing SOE Executive Pay
- Back to School
- War of Jiawu
- Regulator Reviews Shareholders in Bank Zhejiang Alibaba Proposed
- Debate over Monetary Rule Should Trump Labor Market Conundrum
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Ice Bucket Challenge Could Give Jolt to Charities in China
- 37 Groups Said to Start Making Offers for Piece of Sinopec Sales Subsidiary
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- The Best Way to Remember Deng Xiaoping