Busy Signal as China Mobile Readies 4G Launch
China Mobile, the country's largest telecom, convened a series of secret equipment manufacturer meetings at its research institute in November.
On the agenda were test results for component vendors seeking to supply a network based on TD-LTE, a 4G mobile phone standard developed by China Mobile.
China Mobile had tested the products to decide which might be used for a growing, nationwide 4G network – an upgrade from the current top-of-the-line 3G network.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter