Hackers Find Holes Behind the Great Firewall
Panic rippled through China's web community in December on reports that hundreds of millions of secret passwords from China's most popular websites had fallen prey to hackers.
Web users shuddered almost daily with news of another breach: One day came word that hackers had obtained 40 million user passwords from the popular opinion forum Tianya. Later, it was reported that customer names, addresses and phone numbers had leaked from the retail site 360buy.com.
- The Waistland
- Cyanide Found in Dog Meat Sold to Restaurants, Zhejiang Court Hears
- In Paris, It's All about Growth
- Gov't Policies Actually Encourage Risky Investing Abroad
- Weeping Ceiling
- Insurance Firms Stop Online Sales, as Regulator Takes Long Look
- The Upright Magistrates
- Film: Tell Me a Beautiful World
- Exhibition: After Time
- Graphics: Going Mobile
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Closer Look: Anti-Corruption Czar Makes Noteworthy Appearance at CPPCC Meeting
- Zhou Yongkang Used Start in Oil Industry to Rise to Public Security Czar
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- Retired NDRC Pricing Official 'Detained at Beijing Airport'
- Haier's New Look: 'Micro-Enterprise' Platform
- More Officials in Scandal-Hit Shanxi Come under CDIC Scrutiny
- No Free Rides in Iraq