Hackers Find Holes Behind the Great Firewall
Panic rippled through China's web community in December on reports that hundreds of millions of secret passwords from China's most popular websites had fallen prey to hackers.
Web users shuddered almost daily with news of another breach: One day came word that hackers had obtained 40 million user passwords from the popular opinion forum Tianya. Later, it was reported that customer names, addresses and phone numbers had leaked from the retail site 360buy.com.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter