China and the New World Order
The rise of China has created doubts about America's status in the world. A survey by the Pew Research Center last year revealed that 15 out of 22 nations believed China either would replace, or had already supplanted, the U.S. as the world's leading superpower.
With the IMF predicting that China's economy will surpass the US by 2016, questions remain on how well the world is coming to terms with China's rise.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter