Wielding the Law to Defend Black Lung Victims
Former coal miner Zhang Haichao underwent an unusual open-chest procedure in 2009 during a successful fight for life-saving health care.
Since then, Zhang has opened his mouth and heart on behalf of other workers in similar struggles for health care rights, access to hospital records and compensation claims for black lung disease.
- Zhang Zhixin: The Woman who took on the 'Gang of Four'
- Growing Pains
- Cathay: Ezra Pound's re-imagination of Chinese Poetry
- The Clash of Titans: A Look Back at the Sino-Indian War
- Talking Time
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- PetroChina Selling Half of Subsidiary Running Central Asian Pipelines
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says
- To Curb Carbon Emissions, Focus on New Consumers on the Move
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- How a New Idea for Revamping the Economy Is Taking Shape
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Chinese Gov't 'Causes an Investment Gap with U.S.'
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- With Big TV Deal, China's Pro Soccer League Looks to Score
- Plan to Develop Two New Beijing Districts 'Flies in Face of Population Curbs'
- Closer Look: Why Official Goals for Natural Gas Use Are in Doubt
- Closer Look: Baidu Joins Other Internet Giants to Open a Bank