Wielding the Law to Defend Black Lung Victims
Former coal miner Zhang Haichao underwent an unusual open-chest procedure in 2009 during a successful fight for life-saving health care.
Since then, Zhang has opened his mouth and heart on behalf of other workers in similar struggles for health care rights, access to hospital records and compensation claims for black lung disease.
- Did a Chinese Insurer Cross the Investor Line?
- Caixin China PMI: Chilly April for Factories with Index Falling to 49.4
- Fast Track
- Fund Used to Bailout Stock Markets Lose 12 percent in Value
- Former Head of CDB Leasing Denies Taking Bribes from China Southern Airlines
- Coal Addiction Spells Trouble for Wind Power Producers
- Crash Site
- China Said to See 'Record Number' of Financial Scams Cases in 2015
- Country Facing 'Unprecedented Problem' Storing Extra Grain, Official Says
- Taxing Times for Booming Consumer Market
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Heilongjiang Says It Will Subsidize Homebuyers to Spur Demand
- Executive Who Worked at Tencent, Alibaba Denies Taking Bribes
- Global Perceptions Shape Relations with China
- Hong Kong Spring Auction Brushes Out Art Market Gloom
- Dumping Toxins in a Cloudy Legal Environment
- King Norodom's Head
- Remembering a Master of Kunqu Opera Four Centuries On
- A Student Revolutionary's memoir on the Year Mao Died