Wielding the Law to Defend Black Lung Victims
Former coal miner Zhang Haichao underwent an unusual open-chest procedure in 2009 during a successful fight for life-saving health care.
Since then, Zhang has opened his mouth and heart on behalf of other workers in similar struggles for health care rights, access to hospital records and compensation claims for black lung disease.
- Disgraced Tianjin Police Boss Said to Have Embezzled 400 Mln Yuan
- Foreign Tech Firms Cast Wary Eye on Proposed Anti-Terror Law
- Market Cave-In
- China's Passport Selfies Service Hits a Snag
- China Unveils System to Insure Depositors If a Bank Fails
- Opportunity Knocks at New Infrastructure Bank
- Capital's Schools to Close When Air Pollution Gets Too Bad
- Slowly, China Prepares to Raise Retirement Age
- Caixin Suing Guo Wengui and Hong Kong Media
- The Euro Currency Pain Will Remain for Chinese Exporters
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Caixin Pledges to Defend Hu Shuli's Reputation
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Confucius and the World He Created
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Military-Linked Hospital Allows Fake Doctor to Practice
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case