Wielding the Law to Defend Black Lung Victims
Former coal miner Zhang Haichao underwent an unusual open-chest procedure in 2009 during a successful fight for life-saving health care.
Since then, Zhang has opened his mouth and heart on behalf of other workers in similar struggles for health care rights, access to hospital records and compensation claims for black lung disease.
- Brexit: The View from China
- Central Bank Governor on Multiple Objectives and Challenges
- Transcript: PBOC Governor on Multi-Objective Monetary Policy
- Deadly Twister
- Intensifying Battle over Who Controls Vanke
- In Sino-African Resource Trade, China Needs a Mindful Approach
- The Illogic of Consumption as a Growth Driver
- Support Plan for Idled Industrial Workers
- Shanghai Taxi Service Clashes with Car-Hailers
- Digging Up Death, Extortion in China's Mines
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Views: What Do Chinese Women Think of Hillary Clinton?
- China Seeks Assurances Against Possible Debt Default by Venezuela
- Mother's Fight to Exonerate Executed Son Highlights Gaping Holes in Justice System
- Lackluster Sales Signal Xiaomi's Growing Pains
- China in Major Expansion of Yuan Conversion Pilot Program
- Lessons from South Korea for China's Economic Rebalancing Act
- Chinese High Speed Rail Builder Doubts U.S. Partner's Sincerity
- China Life Insurance Joins Race to Take Chinese Healthcare Provider off NASDAQ
- Investor Pain over Mobile Medical App Strain
- Anti-Corruption Drive, Frugality Campaign Sap Banks of VPs