ABC Chair Discusses China's Banking Sector Profits
(Beijing) – Even in the worst years, China's banks saw profits grow by impressive margins. Their annual reports have endeared shareholders, but angered those who believe the profits were ill-gotten.
In an exclusive interview with Caixin, Jiang Chaoliang, chairman of the Agricultural Bank of China, one of the big four state-owned lenders, said many factors contributed to the banking sector's growth.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter