Supreme Court Rejects Wu Ying Death Sentence
(Beijing) – The Supreme People's Court overturned Wu Ying's death sentence, adding another twist to the hotly debated issue linked to thinly regulated private lending businesses.
In an online statement on April 20, the Supreme Court overturned Wu's death sentence and required the Zhejiang Higher People's Court to review the case. It stated that Wu had been cooperative in confessing her crimes, including bribing officials.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter