Former Railway Minister Expelled from Party
(Beijing)–Former railway minister Liu Zhijun has been expelled from the Communist Party for serious disciplinary violations, People's Daily Online said on May 28. Liu's case has been passed to judicial agencies.
The party-backed news portal said that Liu, the former head and party chief of the Ministry of Railways, used his power to support Ding Yuxin, the chairman of Beijing Boyou Investment Management Co. to gain huge illegal profits that resulted in serious losses for the Ministry.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter