Former Railway Minister Expelled from Party
(Beijing)–Former railway minister Liu Zhijun has been expelled from the Communist Party for serious disciplinary violations, People's Daily Online said on May 28. Liu's case has been passed to judicial agencies.
The party-backed news portal said that Liu, the former head and party chief of the Ministry of Railways, used his power to support Ding Yuxin, the chairman of Beijing Boyou Investment Management Co. to gain huge illegal profits that resulted in serious losses for the Ministry.
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Caixin Podcast: Apple's Online Payment Moves in China
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Researchers Cast Doubt on State Council Goals to Cut Air Pollution
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Alibaba Shopping Site Red-Faced after Number of Phone Orders Faked
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts