NDRC Relaxes Ministry of Railways' Bond Issuance Quota
(Beijing) – The State Council has approved a National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) proposal to expand the Ministry of Railway's bond issuance limitation for this year to no more than its net assets.
A source at the NDRC said the State Council, China's cabinet, approved the proposal.
Under the Securities Law, the ministry has previously issued bonds as a corporation and the total amount has not exceeded 40 percent of its net assets. However, the NDRC's proposal also allows it to act as a non-corporate entity, the source said.
- Lianghui Quotes: March 12
- In Wednesday's Papers: 19 Domestic Insurers Affected by Missing Flight, First Audit of Gov't Land Sales Due Early Next Year
- Caixin Explains: What Are E-Credit Cards and How Do They Work?
- Private Banks in Pilot Will Have Four Models to Choose From
- MH370 Co-Pilot
- The Best Way for China to Address Terrorism
- Keep Expectations for NDRC Reform Limited
- Lianghui Quotes: March 11
- In Tuesday's Papers: Interest Rates Freed within Two Years, PBOC Head Says; Legislators Mull Creating Anti-Terror Law
- Closer Look: JD.com, Tencent Both Have to Like their Big Deal
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- U.S. Economy, Regulatory Approach Reaching Higher Ground, Policy Veteran Volcker Says
- Caixin Explains: How MH370 Should Have Been Able to Send Emergency Message
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says
- Li Ka-shing: Continued Progress Depends on Embracing Technology
- Graphics: Rich Representatives