NDRC Relaxes Ministry of Railways' Bond Issuance Quota
(Beijing) – The State Council has approved a National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) proposal to expand the Ministry of Railway's bond issuance limitation for this year to no more than its net assets.
A source at the NDRC said the State Council, China's cabinet, approved the proposal.
Under the Securities Law, the ministry has previously issued bonds as a corporation and the total amount has not exceeded 40 percent of its net assets. However, the NDRC's proposal also allows it to act as a non-corporate entity, the source said.
- Pick the Low-Hanging Fruit to Get Tough on Climate Change
- Banks Raise Dams, Fend Off Toxic Debt Crisis
- November PMI at 48.6, Marking the Ninth Straight Month of Manufacturing Contraction
- The Week in Photos: Nov.21 - 27
- Four-Fifths of Medical School Graduates 'Don't Become Doctors'
- China, Germany Ideal Partners in Climate Change Fight
- China Mobile to Get Fixed-Line Broadband Assets in 32 Bln Yuan Deal
- Zhang Zhixin: The Woman who took on the 'Gang of Four'
- Growing Pains
- Cathay: Ezra Pound's re-imagination of Chinese Poetry
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Wang Jianlin on Why the Wanda Phenomenon Works
- The Real Drivers of China's New Culture Movement
- Banks' Total Value of Bad Loans Rises for 16th Straight Quarter
- Most of World's Synthetic Drugs Made in China, Police Admit
- Gov't Announces Plan to Clean Up Rural Areas by 2020
- Closer Look: Why Official Goals for Natural Gas Use Are in Doubt
- Insurance Executive Said to Die in Office Days after Probe Started
- Chairman of Securities Firm's HK Subsidiary 'Missing for Six Days'
- Progress at Universities Requires Outside Help, College President Says
- China 1945: Mao's Revolution and America's Fateful Choice