ABC Executive Is Target of Three Inquiries
(Beijing) – Yang Kun, a vice president at Agricultural Bank of China, has been detained by the party's disciplinary department for investigation in three separate cases, Caixin learned from multiple sources.
One of the cases involves loan agreements ABC signed with a property developer, whose effective owner, Wang Yaohui, allegedly used bank loans to repay gambling debts worth several billions of yuan.
- Local Gov'ts Allowed to Swap Extra 1.2 Tln Yuan in Loans for Cheap Bonds
- Sri Lanka Looks in the Mirror and Sees Singapore
- Signs of Progress in Using Lawsuits to Protect Consumers
- Eight Employees of Brokerage Firm Reportedly Detained
- China Needs Gov't Office for Handing Out National Awards, Lawmaker Says
- Mopping Up
- Chile Tries to Interest China in More Cherries, Less Copper
- Attacking Short Sellers Is Attacking the Messenger
- Saving the Day
- Central Bank Cuts Savings, Lending Rates to Record Lows
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Officials Warn Residents on Rising Danger of Cyanide Gas
- Citic Securities Bids for Door to U.S. Market
- How to Solve China's Currency Parity Puzzle?
- How General Used His Military Service to Amass Fortune
- 77-Month Low for August's Early Caixin Manufacturing PMI
- The Party Has Its Tea, but Deserves No Sympathy
- Counting the Cost of Gov't Intervention in Stock Market
- Closer Look: Who Will Pay for the Tianjin Disaster?
- Progress for Reform as Yuan Inches toward SDR
- Quantum Computing and Alibaba's Leap of Faith