ABC Executive Is Target of Three Inquiries
(Beijing) – Yang Kun, a vice president at Agricultural Bank of China, has been detained by the party's disciplinary department for investigation in three separate cases, Caixin learned from multiple sources.
One of the cases involves loan agreements ABC signed with a property developer, whose effective owner, Wang Yaohui, allegedly used bank loans to repay gambling debts worth several billions of yuan.
- Lanzhou Shames CNPC Unit for Pollution Crises
- Tour Bus Crash
- Surprise Exercise
- Two-Thirds of Provinces Say They Missed GDP Growth Targets in 2014
- Gov't Digs Into Soil Pollution Problem with Proposal for New Standards
- Little Denmark Has Big Currency Question
- Views: Social Media Update
- Why Controversy Plays Starring Role in China's TV, Film Censorship
- The Week in Photos: January 17 – 23
- Hangzhou Flash Mob
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Samsung Loses Connection with Chinese Consumers in 2014
- Scandal-Hit GlaxoSmithKline 'to Lay Off 1,000 Employees in China'
- Mao's Winding Road to Socialism
- China Boots Up an Internet Banking Industry
- Caught in Rising China's Centrifuge
- Gov't Had Reservations about Selling Stake in Citic Ltd. to Foreigners
- Downfall of Party Internet Policeman 'Helped Lead to National Cleanup Campaign'
- Embattled Founder Securities 'Cannot Reach Its Chairman'
- Provincial, Regional Gov'ts Prepare for a More Frugal Future
- Banks Trying Direct Route to Online Future