Problems Found in Foreign-Funded Projects, Auditor Says
(Beijing) – Problems such as the misappropriation of funds have been found in some of the construction projects around the country that have been partly backed by foreign loans or donations.
On June 18 the nation's top auditor, the National Audit Office, released the findings of its examination of the 2010 operations of 99 projects that had foreign backing of 34.5 billion yuan out of a total 424.6 billion yuan investment. The audited projects were in a range of sectors, including agricultural, energy, transportation, education, public health and urban construction.
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Electric Car Charging Stations Powering Down
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- The Logic of the Left in China
- Yuan Won't Overtake Dollar until Changes Are Made, Economist Says
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- From Tycoon to Target
- Gary Locke Expresses Optimism for Future of Sino-U.S. Ties
- Closer Look: So Who Stops a Run on Yu E Bao Accounts?
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says