Problems Found in Foreign-Funded Projects, Auditor Says
(Beijing) – Problems such as the misappropriation of funds have been found in some of the construction projects around the country that have been partly backed by foreign loans or donations.
On June 18 the nation's top auditor, the National Audit Office, released the findings of its examination of the 2010 operations of 99 projects that had foreign backing of 34.5 billion yuan out of a total 424.6 billion yuan investment. The audited projects were in a range of sectors, including agricultural, energy, transportation, education, public health and urban construction.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter