Family Planning Authorities Order Review of Local Enforcement
(Beijing) – In the aftermath of a forced abortion that stirred public controversy over the enforcement of the one-child policy, family planning officials have announced a review of local agencies.
The National Population and Family Planning Commission will send 10 inspection teams to 19 provinces for a review of family planning agency practices, the commission said on its website June 27. The teams will also distribute contraceptives and mediate grassroots disputes.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter