Family Planning Authorities Order Review of Local Enforcement
(Beijing) – In the aftermath of a forced abortion that stirred public controversy over the enforcement of the one-child policy, family planning officials have announced a review of local agencies.
The National Population and Family Planning Commission will send 10 inspection teams to 19 provinces for a review of family planning agency practices, the commission said on its website June 27. The teams will also distribute contraceptives and mediate grassroots disputes.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?