Why Eating in China is No Game
Liu Xiang, China’s best 110 meter hurdler, hasn’t had pork for years
Because of my work, I often have lunch meetings with athletes. Most of the time, they are most willing to sit down to talk to me over a meal, but not recently.
"We are not allowed to eat outside of the training center cafeteria anymore," one athlete from China's swimming team told. "Otherwise we could be thrown off the team!"
- Hidden Anguish
- In Friday's Papers: IBM Workers Strike over Lenovo Deal; Ordos Will Stop Building Homes, Mayor Says
- A French Revolution, Please!
- Lianghui Quotes：March 7
- Egypt's Road to Rejuvenation Is Opening, Veteran Diplomat Says
- Scaffold Collapse
- The Siege of Tsingtao
- The Celestials
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Lianghui Quotes: March 6
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter