Local Gov't Struggles with Solar Manufacturer's Debt
(Beijing) – Led by China's policy bank, creditors of Jiangxi LDK Solar are in talks with the company's host city government over loan payback.
The local government on July 12 set a provision of 2 billion yuan from the city budget to cover part of the company's financial gap, and officials are scrambling to sell stakes of the troubled company to local state-owned enterprises.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- The Lost Soldier of Myitkyina
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?