Local Gov't Struggles with Solar Manufacturer's Debt
(Beijing) – Led by China's policy bank, creditors of Jiangxi LDK Solar are in talks with the company's host city government over loan payback.
The local government on July 12 set a provision of 2 billion yuan from the city budget to cover part of the company's financial gap, and officials are scrambling to sell stakes of the troubled company to local state-owned enterprises.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter