London 2012 Media Watch: In the Name of the Flag
Maiya Maneza won gold in women’s 63kg weightlifting
Whatever the father of the modern Olympics, Pierre de Coubertin, originally envisioned, the Games have always been about national pride. According to Plutarch, in the time of Solon, Athenian champions received award money of 500 drachmai for bringing honor to their polis.
- Market Cave-In
- China's Passport Selfies Service Hits a Snag
- China Unveils System to Insure Depositors If a Bank Fails
- Opportunity Knocks at New Infrastructure Bank
- Capital's Schools to Close When Air Pollution Gets Too Bad
- Slowly, China Prepares to Raise Retirement Age
- Caixin Suing Guo Wengui and Hong Kong Media
- The Euro Currency Pain Will Remain for Chinese Exporters
- Making an Exit
- New Property Policies Give Boost to Main Stock Indexes
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Caixin Pledges to Defend Hu Shuli's Reputation
- Confucius and the World He Created
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Military-Linked Hospital Allows Fake Doctor to Practice