Focus Media May Inspire Others to Delist, Analyst Says
(Beijing) – The recent privatization plan proposed by Focus Media Holding Ltd. to its U.S. investors may prompt even more Chinese companies to leave U.S. stock markets to seek better valuations, an analyst says.
On August 13, Chinese digital advertising company Focus Media announced a US$ 3.5 billion buyout plan that will take it private. U.S. private equity firm Carlyle Group, CITIC Capital Partners, CDH Investments, China Everbright Ltd., Fountainvest Partners and Focus Media chairman Jiang Nanchun form a consortium that will back the plan.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter