Tycoons, Insurance Firm Mull Web Financing, Sources Say
(Beijing) – Two Internet tycoons have joined hands with the country's leading insurance provider to explore web-based financing business, sources say.
The three parties are represented by Jack Ma, Ma Huateng and Ma Mingzhe. They just established a joint-venture company in Shanghai, a source close to the situation said.
Jack Ma is the founder and chairman of e-commerce conglomerate Alibaba Group. Ma Huateng founded and heads China's most popular social networking company, Tencent Holdings. Ma Mingzhe is the chairman of the second-largest life insurer, Ping An Insurance Group.
- 'Important Information' vs. Information that Is Important
- Lenovo Completes US$ 2.91 Bln Deal to Buy Motorola Mobility
- Large Railroad Manufacturers Said to Consider Merger
- Village Remake
- APEC Preview
- Skies Overhead
- Two or Three Things about Mr. Lu Xun
- Film: The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom
- Exhibition: The Past
- Wake up, Europe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Rise and Fall of a Coal Boomtown in Shanxi Province
- Chinese Comfort Women: Testimonies from Imperial Japan's Sex Slaves
- Which Way for Smartphone Swipe and Pay?
- What is Authoritarianism?
- Zuckerberg Impresses Tsinghua Students with His Chinese, Even Talks Tech
- For China's Property Market, All Is Not Lost
- Cai Jinyong: A Chinese Voice at the Top of IFC
- 4 Chinese Ships Stuck in Mexico since May over Iron Ore Dispute
- Ministry Said to Propose Local Gov'ts Issuing Bonds to Cover Debts
- China Builds in Africa, but the Foundations Are Shallow