Tycoons, Insurance Firm Mull Web Financing, Sources Say
(Beijing) – Two Internet tycoons have joined hands with the country's leading insurance provider to explore web-based financing business, sources say.
The three parties are represented by Jack Ma, Ma Huateng and Ma Mingzhe. They just established a joint-venture company in Shanghai, a source close to the situation said.
Jack Ma is the founder and chairman of e-commerce conglomerate Alibaba Group. Ma Huateng founded and heads China's most popular social networking company, Tencent Holdings. Ma Mingzhe is the chairman of the second-largest life insurer, Ping An Insurance Group.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter