Tycoons, Insurance Firm Mull Web Financing, Sources Say
(Beijing) – Two Internet tycoons have joined hands with the country's leading insurance provider to explore web-based financing business, sources say.
The three parties are represented by Jack Ma, Ma Huateng and Ma Mingzhe. They just established a joint-venture company in Shanghai, a source close to the situation said.
Jack Ma is the founder and chairman of e-commerce conglomerate Alibaba Group. Ma Huateng founded and heads China's most popular social networking company, Tencent Holdings. Ma Mingzhe is the chairman of the second-largest life insurer, Ping An Insurance Group.
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- China Railway Corp. to Issue Bonds
- Passage to History
- Don't Expect Praises
- Investment in Agriculture Climbs
- Final Fantasy
- A Foul Find
- In Friday's Papers: Cabinet to Reduce Red Tape, Nationwide Inspection on Health Food
- Healthcare Needs Fundamental Reforms, Experts Say
- Healthcare and One-Child Policy: China's Ticking Bomb
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Steel Industry Forges Ahead with Reform
- Graphics：Gold Consumption Jumps to Record High in Q1
- Delicacies of the Chinese Dream
- Deputy Shanghai Mayor 'to Take over at CIC'
- Closer Look: Divining Clues on the Future of Reform
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- Playing the Long Game
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping