Zhang Yimou's Next Act Could Be Lucrative
(Beijing) – China's most famous director has been busy. Zhang Yimou is seeking a new employer and setting up an investment fund in Shanghai, and both deals involve very large sums.
Caixin learned that the fund, Zhang Yimou Cultural Industry Fund, will have 2 billion yuan to invest in filmmaking. Neither the names of the other investors nor the revenue-sharing arrangement were known.
- Graphic: Should It Stay or Should It Go?
- Senior Inner Mongolia Official Latest to Run Afoul of Graft Investigators
- Closer Look: Jack Ma Loves Hong Kong. So Is He Moving There?
- Modi's India Awaits China's Xi
- After Years of Dominance, UnionPay's Enemies Arrive at the Gates
- 500 Bln Yuan Question: Is PBOC Going to Ease Liquidity for Certain Banks?
- Scotland Referendum
- Myanmar Heroin
- Cloudy River
- Typhoon Kalmaegi
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- Gov't Again Cracks Down on Schools for Migrant Workers' Children
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- New-Energy Car Market Is Open Road, BYD CEO Wang Chuanfu Says
- PBOC Punishes Payment Companies for Mishandling Bank Card Transactions
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- Cutting Pay of SOE Bosses Just the Beginning of Necessary Changes
- Shenzhen's Qianhai Zone Joins Overseas E-Commerce Pilot
- Official in Shanxi City 'Falls to His Death after Facing Investigators'