Zhang Yimou's Next Act Could Be Lucrative
(Beijing) – China's most famous director has been busy. Zhang Yimou is seeking a new employer and setting up an investment fund in Shanghai, and both deals involve very large sums.
Caixin learned that the fund, Zhang Yimou Cultural Industry Fund, will have 2 billion yuan to invest in filmmaking. Neither the names of the other investors nor the revenue-sharing arrangement were known.
- Central Bank Cuts Benchmark Lending Rate
- A Passage to India
- Hike in Train Ticket Prices This Year 'Unlikely After All'
- Graphics: Sino-Australian Trade Deal
- Another Hebei Official Is Targeted by Corruption Investigators
- Closer Look: Gov't Wants Proactive Tax Policies, but Ends Up with a Problem
- China-U.S. Investment Treaty Would Strengthen Economic Relations
- Top Prosecutor's Office Plans New Body to Better Fight Corruption
- Exercise Caution
- Book: Living Karma: The Religious Practices of Ouyi Zhixu
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Visa, MasterCard Confront China's Stacked Deck
- Chinese Developers' Projects in Malaysia Run into Series of Snags
- Some Shanghai FTZ Reform Ideas Introduced to Rest of Country
- At Factory Waste Ponds, Fumes Choke Fantasies
- Closer Look: Why Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Was One-Way Road
- The Low Official Found with Towering Pile of Cash, Gold and Properties
- Graft Busters Find another Cash Pile, but Family Denies Corruption
- Gov't Gives Academics Failing Grade for Fraud in Research Funding
- Closer Look: Sales Soar, but Alibaba Frets over Delivery, Time Zone Issues
- Canceled Mexican Rail Contract Gives Chinese Firms Chance to Reflect