Zhang Yimou's Next Act Could Be Lucrative
(Beijing) – China's most famous director has been busy. Zhang Yimou is seeking a new employer and setting up an investment fund in Shanghai, and both deals involve very large sums.
Caixin learned that the fund, Zhang Yimou Cultural Industry Fund, will have 2 billion yuan to invest in filmmaking. Neither the names of the other investors nor the revenue-sharing arrangement were known.
- Closer Look: Li's India Trip about 'Exploring New Strategies'
- N. Korean Escape
- Financial Industry 'Should Be Opened up More'
- In Monday's Papers: Danone, COFCO in JV Agreement, Work on Two CRC Lines Delayed
- Four Local Gov'ts Eye Greater Borrowing This Year
- Billion Yuan Buddha
- Excitement Abounds for New Third Board
- The Week in Photos: May 11 – May 17
- Closer Look: Age Restrictions Are No Way to Control Beijing's Population
- China Mobile to Expand 4G Network in Henan
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Too Big To Fail Is Bigger than Ever
- Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic
- Marriage, Sex and Character
- Delicacies of the Chinese Dream
- Playing the Long Game
- Investment Company Asks: Can We Legally Short Sell?
- The Real Reason the Stock Market Is Slumping
- Is China Welcome in the Arctic?
- Teams to Draft Reform Topics for Party Congress Set up
- Errors of Aggression Catch up with Underwriter