Zhang Yimou's Next Act Could Be Lucrative
(Beijing) – China's most famous director has been busy. Zhang Yimou is seeking a new employer and setting up an investment fund in Shanghai, and both deals involve very large sums.
Caixin learned that the fund, Zhang Yimou Cultural Industry Fund, will have 2 billion yuan to invest in filmmaking. Neither the names of the other investors nor the revenue-sharing arrangement were known.
- CIC Announces Appointment of Shanghai Vice Mayor as General Manager
- Maiden Flight
- China's Bullet Train Export Hopes Hit a Wall
- Forex Woes Force Qihoo to Extend Privatization Deadline
- Shanghai Cracks Down on Illegal Capital Flight
- Unseen Opportunities Created by 'Brexit'
- Points to Ponder when Building China's Future Megalopolis
- Closer Look: Putin's Latest State Visit Highlights Mutual Interests with China
- Shenzhen Bourse Queries Vanke's Hostile Suitors
- Toxin Fears Trigger School Running Track Furor
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Brexit: The View from China
- China Seeks Assurances Against Possible Debt Default by Venezuela
- Senior Ideologue Kills Self over Party Infighting
- Sexually Abused Teens: China's Tragic Taboo
- Chinese High Speed Rail Builder Doubts U.S. Partner's Sincerity
- Substandard Running Tracks Sicken China's Children
- Lessons from South Korea for China's Economic Rebalancing Act
- Investor Pain over Mobile Medical App Strain
- Intensifying Battle over Who Controls Vanke
- Two Top Chinese Steel Makers to Reorganize, May Merge