Local Gov'ts Bet Big on Investment Projects
(Beijing) – Still grappling with a hangover from the central government's 4 trillion yuan spending spree, local governments across China are pressing ahead with new investment plans.
In late August, the government of Guangdong Province said it would strengthen the exploitation of oceanic resources, with 177 projects designed to attract more than 1 trillion yuan in investment over the next five years. This comes only one month after the province started a campaign to enlist private investors for projects worth 235 billion yuan.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter