Bank Loan Tricks Stain, Strain Steel Sector
(Beijing) – A merchant surnamed Qiao has been wholesaling at the sprawling Lange Baiziwan Steel Market, northern China's largest steel trading center, since 2007.
Before this year, Qiao said, business was booming. Customers typically started queuing at daybreak, and deal-cutting continued until the shop closed at 9 p.m. Delivery trucks for Qiao's and other shops rolled through the trading center well into the night.
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- How the Hammer Falls as China Nails Corruption
- CNPC Continues to Be Hit by Scandal as Two More Executives Fall
- Market Reforms, Fight against Corruption Go Hand in Hand, Expert Says
- What Li Keqiang Asks in Meetings with Economists
- Why Do Foreign Brands 'Break Bad' in China?
- Alibaba Said to Delay New York Listing until after Labor Day
- Sheila Patel: Investors Should Be 'Positive' about China Stocks
- Graft Fight Will Take Years, U.S. Expert Says, but China Is Heading in Right Direction
- CDB Said to Get 1 Tln Yuan to Back Shantytown Renovation
- CBRC Approves Three Private Banks as Part of Pilot