Bank Loan Tricks Stain, Strain Steel Sector
(Beijing) – A merchant surnamed Qiao has been wholesaling at the sprawling Lange Baiziwan Steel Market, northern China's largest steel trading center, since 2007.
Before this year, Qiao said, business was booming. Customers typically started queuing at daybreak, and deal-cutting continued until the shop closed at 9 p.m. Delivery trucks for Qiao's and other shops rolled through the trading center well into the night.
- More than 21,000 Couples in Capital Apply to Have Second Baby
- Central Gov't Said to Plan Pilot Reform of Rural Asset Ownership
- Big Umbrella
- Abe Protest
- Lost in Translation
- Graphics: Fully Loaded
- Can Doctors Cut the Public Hospital Cord?
- Local Gov't Criticized for Linking Blood Donations to Middle School Test
- The Week in Photos: September 20 – 26
- Goodbye Lenin
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Alibaba's IPO Was Huge, but Analysts Say Investors Have Reasons to Worry
- A Five-Minute History of Hong Kong
- After Overseas Rush, Chinese Firms' Iron Ore Projects Run into Trouble
- Adobe to Shutter China Operations in October, Employees Say
- A Chinese Dream in America
- Graphic: Alibaba's Big Deal
- HK Tycoons Defend Giant Gift to Harvard's Medical School
- Gov't Again Tries Trimming the Fat by Slashing Pay of SOE Executives
- CCTV Airs Program on Conditions for Fallen Officials in Guangdong Prison
- How Chinese Universities Can Learn the Largesse Game