Bank Loan Tricks Stain, Strain Steel Sector
(Beijing) – A merchant surnamed Qiao has been wholesaling at the sprawling Lange Baiziwan Steel Market, northern China's largest steel trading center, since 2007.
Before this year, Qiao said, business was booming. Customers typically started queuing at daybreak, and deal-cutting continued until the shop closed at 9 p.m. Delivery trucks for Qiao's and other shops rolled through the trading center well into the night.
- Confucius and the World He Created
- The Lost Novel
- Reinventing the Bicycle in Beijing
- Waiting for the Light
- Baidu, Hospital Association Squabble over Ad Charges
- Deadly Work
- China-U.S. Trade Engagement in Asia Could Be Win-Win
- Baosteel's Listed Arm Had Declines in Revenue, Net Profit in 2014
- Security Ministry Cancels 1.44 Mln Fake Hukou Documents
- Why Raising Retirement Age Is No Cure-All for Population Problems
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Kissinger: China, U.S. Must 'Lead in Cooperation'
- Yuan and Gold: Old Enemies Should Finally Become Friends
- Tycoon Said to Bring Down a Deputy Mayor, Control Key Beijing Land Deal
- Saudi Aramco's Supply to China Potentially Doubling
- Will Slow and Steady Win China's Economy Race?
- New Agenda for China's Feared Family Planners
- Graphics: AIIB's Aims
- Who Is Prince Qing?
- Ex-Police Chief Held for Murder Said to Be Linked to Graft Case
- Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity