Delivering on the Diaoyu Islands
A huge crowd of protestors in central Weihai City, Shandong Province
In yet another advance on sovereignty claims on the Diaoyu Islands, the Japanese government made the doubtful claim that the territory was purchased to avoid confrontation.
But this was merely a thinly-disguised maneuver for control of the islands. In fact, the announcement only served to undergird the belief that the islands were under the possession of Japan.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter