There Is No Excuse for the Litany of Excuses Officials Hand Us
Net users have passed the time by counting Yang Dacai's watches
Putting the right spin on your words is a science. Obviously, civil servants who owe a fiduciary duty to the public have an urgent need to master this subject. And it helps to shift the blame to someone else; a child, a spouse, or a convenient foreigner will do.
Several weeks ago Yang Dacai, head of the Work Safety Department of Shaanxi Province, became notorious across China because he smiled while visiting the scene of a disastrous transport accident.
- WeChat 'Glitch' Allows Family to Raise over 2 Million Yuan in 80 Minutes
- China's VAT Rebate Reform Aims to Boost Local Government Fiscal Strength
- Share Splits Raise Stock Market Suspicions
- China Faces Severe Coal Transport Capacity Shortage
- Audi Scraps Plans for New China Dealer Network
- Regions Found to Have 'Critical' Heavy Metal Emissions Now Clean Up Act
- Official PMI Spikes as Producer Prices Rise, Exports Surge
- China Adds 10% Consumption Tax for Superluxury Cars
- News Calendar, December 5-11
- Caixin's Manufacturing Indicator Dips to 50.9 in November
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter