There Is No Excuse for the Litany of Excuses Officials Hand Us
Net users have passed the time by counting Yang Dacai's watches
Putting the right spin on your words is a science. Obviously, civil servants who owe a fiduciary duty to the public have an urgent need to master this subject. And it helps to shift the blame to someone else; a child, a spouse, or a convenient foreigner will do.
Several weeks ago Yang Dacai, head of the Work Safety Department of Shaanxi Province, became notorious across China because he smiled while visiting the scene of a disastrous transport accident.
- Alibaba Lets Travelers Make Duty-Free Purchases Online
- Shandong's Pension Fund Tapping the SOE Well
- Investor Angry at Gov't Role in Stock Market Rout in Apparent Suicide
- Rising Pork Prices Blamed for Pushing Up CPI to 1.4 Pct
- Reduced to Rubble
- Qingdao Court Agrees to Hear NGO's Lawsuit over Oil Spill
- Shanghai Said to Be Close to Unveiling Pilot Rules for Car-Hire Apps
- Hu Shuli: Caixin China PMI a First Step for Caixin Insight Group
- Villain or Hero for Stock Market Saga?
- Hanergy Thin Film Power Removed From Stock Connect Program
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Cheers, Fears for China's Next Step Overseas
- Investor Angry at Gov't Role in Stock Market Rout in Apparent Suicide (updated)
- Official Fired over Milk Scandal Gets Top Job in Agriculture Ministry
- Tech Takeoff Lifts Drone Industry to New Heights
- Who and What is Chinese?
- CSF Said to Get 1.22 Tln Yuan from Banks for Stock Buys
- Policy Banks Linked to 'Belt and Road' Plans Said to Get US$ 31 Bln
- Early Caixin Manufacturing PMI for July at 48.2 Points
- Tricky Medical Games for China's Autistic Kids
- The Right Approach to the PPP Model