There Is No Excuse for the Litany of Excuses Officials Hand Us
Net users have passed the time by counting Yang Dacai's watches
Putting the right spin on your words is a science. Obviously, civil servants who owe a fiduciary duty to the public have an urgent need to master this subject. And it helps to shift the blame to someone else; a child, a spouse, or a convenient foreigner will do.
Several weeks ago Yang Dacai, head of the Work Safety Department of Shaanxi Province, became notorious across China because he smiled while visiting the scene of a disastrous transport accident.
- Shanghai's Natives Have No Business Scorning Migrants
- Oil and Gas Exchange in Shanghai Starts Two-Month Trial
- Gov't Once Again Tries to Pull Stock Market out of Nosedive
- Razing History
- Chipmaker Intel on a China Partnership Drive
- Beijing's Market for Second-Hand Homes Rebounds in H1
- 'Left-Behind' Children Need Our Attention Now
- Burst Bank
- China Sets 2030 as Key Date in Cutting Carbon Emissions
- Closer Look: Is Hong Kong Becoming Marginalized?
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Children of Migrant Parents Left Alone to Die
- Share Price Tumble Puts Tycoon Linked to Fallen Officials, Businessmen in Spotlight
- Caixin Takes Over Sponsorship from HSBC of Markit's China PMI, Enters Financial Data Services
- China Said to Likely Enjoy Veto Power over AIIB's Big Decisions
- New Stakeholders for CITIC Securities Shake-Up
- Aliyun Data Center in HK Suffers 14-Hour Disruption
- LeTV Said to Buy 18 Pct Stake in Coolpad for HK$ 2.73 Bln
- Will 'Water Rings' Quench Beijing's Thirst?
- Slower Sales Prompt FAW-Volkswagen to Cut Bonuses, Extend Holiday
- Provinces Continue to Separate Leadership of Police, Law Committees