There Is No Excuse for the Litany of Excuses Officials Hand Us
Net users have passed the time by counting Yang Dacai's watches
Putting the right spin on your words is a science. Obviously, civil servants who owe a fiduciary duty to the public have an urgent need to master this subject. And it helps to shift the blame to someone else; a child, a spouse, or a convenient foreigner will do.
Several weeks ago Yang Dacai, head of the Work Safety Department of Shaanxi Province, became notorious across China because he smiled while visiting the scene of a disastrous transport accident.
- Official in Shanxi City 'Falls to His Death after Facing Investigators'
- Sinopec Picks 25 Investors to Hold Stake in Sales Unit
- The Week in Photos: September 5 – 12
- Old Spice
- Britain Needs Greater Unity, Not a Messy Breakup
- Ice Challenge Is Social Media Hit, but Sufferers of Rare Diseases Still Live on Fringes
- Rules and the Ruler
- Deserted Kids
- Haining Temple
- Machinery Maker Sany Changes Its Hong Kong Listing Plan
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Spectre of Corruption Haunts Huawei
- Will Education Firm New Oriental Learn or Lose?
- UnionPay, Apple Said to Agree on U.S. Firm's New Payment Technology
- Coming to Grips with Ammonia in China's Haze
- Gov't Again Cracks Down on Schools for Migrant Workers' Children
- Closer Look: Alibaba's Looming IPO Sends Shockwaves through Bourses at Home, Abroad
- Gov't Cobbles Together Funding for Slum Renovation Projects
- Media Outlet Blackmailed over 100 Companies, Xinhua Reports
- Phony Futurism
- Shenzhen's Qianhai Zone Joins Overseas E-Commerce Pilot