Corruption Allegations Surround Suicide of Hainan Official
(Beijing) – A former Hainan Province land policy official involved in a major corruption probe killed himself by jumping from an office building.
Police confirmed that Qionghai City Land Environment and Resource Bureau Deputy Director Dai Xiangchuan committed suicide on September 13.
According to the state-run media outlet People's Daily Online, Dai left a suicide note which stated: "I want to finish my life, because I'm no longer well and I feel stress at work."
- Deng Xiaoping Gave Double Boost to Reform Efforts, Economist Says
- China as Responsible Stakeholder or Just 'Guest'?
- Qingdao Stepping-Out
- China Mobile to Set up 'Mixed-Share' Company for Content Businesses
- The Muddy Waters of Social Media
- Hami Station Fire
- Chronic Pain
- Zhou Family Legacy: Thick Blood, Fat Profits
- Ex-Minsheng Chairman Takes Helm of Private Capital 'Aircraft Carrier'
- Caixin Podcast: Red Cross Probe
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- A Modern Reflection of Germany and Austria-Hungary?
- Closer Look: JD.com Sees Its High Hopes for WeChat Fall Short
- Views: Making Sense of China's Anti-Monopoly Campaign
- Iron Ore Prices Tumble as Four Large Producers Ramp up Production
- Four Shanghai Customs Officials Nabbed by Party Graft Buster
- Zhou Yongkang's Early Years
- Chinese Tycoons, Stars Take up Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS
- Analysts Wonder If Trust Industry Has Reached a Tipping Point
- For Graft Investigators, a Son Like His Father
- Media Watch: Efforts to Remember Deng Start, and So Does Divining What They Mean