Corruption Allegations Surround Suicide of Hainan Official
(Beijing) – A former Hainan Province land policy official involved in a major corruption probe killed himself by jumping from an office building.
Police confirmed that Qionghai City Land Environment and Resource Bureau Deputy Director Dai Xiangchuan committed suicide on September 13.
According to the state-run media outlet People's Daily Online, Dai left a suicide note which stated: "I want to finish my life, because I'm no longer well and I feel stress at work."
- Policymakers Rush to Slam Brakes on Private Investment Slowdown
- China's Economy Needs Private Sector Support
- CIC Announces Appointment of Shanghai Vice Mayor as General Manager
- Maiden Flight
- China's Bullet Train Export Hopes Hit a Wall
- Forex Woes Force Qihoo to Extend Privatization Deadline
- Shanghai Cracks Down on Illegal Capital Flight
- Unseen Opportunities Created by 'Brexit'
- Points to Ponder when Building China's Future Megalopolis
- Closer Look: Putin's Latest State Visit Highlights Mutual Interests with China
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Brexit: The View from China
- China Seeks Assurances Against Possible Debt Default by Venezuela
- Senior Ideologue Kills Self over Party Infighting
- Sexually Abused Teens: China's Tragic Taboo
- Chinese High Speed Rail Builder Doubts U.S. Partner's Sincerity
- Substandard Running Tracks Sicken China's Children
- Lessons from South Korea for China's Economic Rebalancing Act
- Investor Pain over Mobile Medical App Strain
- Intensifying Battle over Who Controls Vanke
- Two Top Chinese Steel Makers to Reorganize, May Merge