Corruption Allegations Surround Suicide of Hainan Official
(Beijing) – A former Hainan Province land policy official involved in a major corruption probe killed himself by jumping from an office building.
Police confirmed that Qionghai City Land Environment and Resource Bureau Deputy Director Dai Xiangchuan committed suicide on September 13.
According to the state-run media outlet People's Daily Online, Dai left a suicide note which stated: "I want to finish my life, because I'm no longer well and I feel stress at work."
- Lianghui Quotes: March 12
- In Wednesday's Papers: 19 Domestic Insurers Affected by Missing Flight, First Audit of Gov't Land Sales Due Early Next Year
- Caixin Explains: What Are E-Credit Cards and How Do They Work?
- Private Banks in Pilot Will Have Four Models to Choose From
- MH370 Co-Pilot
- The Best Way for China to Address Terrorism
- Keep Expectations for NDRC Reform Limited
- Lianghui Quotes: March 11
- In Tuesday's Papers: Interest Rates Freed within Two Years, PBOC Head Says; Legislators Mull Creating Anti-Terror Law
- Closer Look: JD.com, Tencent Both Have to Like their Big Deal
- Sign up to receive our free daily newsletter
- Eyes on the Prize
- Li Ka-shing's Remedy for 'Coddled' HK
- Zhou Family Was Influential in Jiangsu City before Corruption Inquiry
- Jilted U.S. Investors and Debtors on the Run
- Caixin Explains: The 'Lianghui' Meetings
- U.S. Economy, Regulatory Approach Reaching Higher Ground, Policy Veteran Volcker Says
- Caixin Explains: How MH370 Should Have Been Able to Send Emergency Message
- China to Grow at 7.5 Pct and Focus on Reforms, Premier Says
- Li Ka-shing: Continued Progress Depends on Embracing Technology
- Graphics: Rich Representatives